HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
HLTAID009 (new course code)
Knowledge Assessment: Online
Practical Assessment: In class
1 hour in class
Issued Same Day (Conditions Apply)
$39 (may vary)
Is the course nationally accredited?
Alternate / Former Course Names
CPR Update Course
Regular DAILY DEALS
Price match on comparable courses
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
(1 hour in class)
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation is a combination of chest compressions and ventilations given to casualties who are unresponsive or not breathing normally in order to maintain oxygen flow to the brain.
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation is taught in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines for CPR and leads to an accredited and industry recognised CPR qualification for:
- HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Get industry certified training from industry approved trainers with First Aid Pro Adelaide
Why do I need CPR?
First Aid Pro Adelaide’s HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation course gives learners the knowledge, confidence and skills to recognise potentially life-threatening CPR emergencies and respond in a timely and effective manner to preserve life and minimise risks and hazards.
How do I get qualified for CPR?
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation is a mix of knowledge (theory) and practical (skills).
If you complete the Face-to-Face course, you will be assessed on the knowledge requirements in-class.
If you complete the Learning Online course, you will be assessed on the knowledge requirements online.
Practical assessment is completed in-class for both courses as you must be observed performing your first aid skills by a registered trainer.
How do I do CPR Learning Online?
A more innovative way to complete CPR training, Learning Online allows students to complete all knowledge assessment tasks in their own time through their online student portal. The amount of time spent in the classroom with a certified CPR trainer is therefore halved to 1 hour as the only thing left to do is the practical assessment.
CPR Learning Online Benefits
More efficient training methods – Our Learning Online courses reward students who are familiar with course content or prefer to learn independently. Don’t sit through long sessions on topics you already know or could learn in your own time.
Faster certificates sent directly – We have a dedicated certificate team that works round the clock to ensure your certificate is processed and issued faster. All you have to do is log into your student portal to download it.
Industry recognised qualifications – All our CPR, First Aid and Childcare First Aid courses are accredited and recognised by industry. Your First Aid Pro certificate can be used to instantly prove your certification to anyone who needs to see it.
Adelaide’s CPR Training Experts
Delivering high quality first aid training is the cornerstone of our business and we pride ourselves on our exception student satisfaction rate. Ask around and our students will likely tell you our trainers are friendly, knowledgeable and make first aid training relevant and fun and our customer service and support is sublime.
2020 Student Survey
Overall Satisfaction Rate: 98.5%
- $39 (may vary due to Daily Deals)
- Price match guarantee on any similar course
- 9:00am – 10:00am
First Aid Pro Adelaide’s Learning Online HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation courses run every day, every week from a number of local sites including:
- Adelaide CBD
- Mawson Lakes
- Morphett Vale
- Mount Barker
- Mount Gambier
- Munno Para
- Murray Bridge
- Port Adelaide
- South Plympton
CPR Training Requirements
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary is an entry-level course available to students of all backgrounds and experience.
It is an accredited and practical course though so all we ask is that you can:
- Prove you are over 18
- Provide guardian or parental consent if under 18 (must be at least 14)
- Confirm you are an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Read and write
- Communicate verbally with others
- Perform basic manual tasks
A USI (unique student identifier) number is now a mandatory requirement for any student wishing to undertake vocational training. A USI number is unique to you and provided by the government to keep a secure online record of your VET certifications. You can look up your number or register for a USI number quickly and easily by clicking on the following link: https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-usi.
First Aid Pro Adelaide follows Covid-19 protocols, we kindly ask you do the same. If you feel sick, have been in a Covid hotspot or should be self-isolating, please let us know and we will reschedule your course accordingly.
CPR Content and Outcomes
Throughout this course you will be assessed on your understanding of:
(Knowledge / theory)
- Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines
- Safe Work Australia Code of Practice
- Incident hazard and risk minimisation processes
- Infection control procedures
- Workplace or site first aid procedures
- First aid kit contents
- First aider Duty of Care requirements
- First aider requirements for currency of skill and knowledge
- First aider skill and knowledge limitations
- First aid parent / guardian consent
- First aid privacy and confidentiality requirements
- Stress management techniques and available support for rescuers
- The effect of positional change during CPR
- The appropriate duration, hand placement, compression / ventilation cycles and cessation of CPR
- AED use, safety and maintenance procedures
- Chain of survival
- Accessing and handing over to emergency services
- Assessing the level of consciousness for infants, children and adults
- Basic anatomical differences and first aid considerations between infants, children and adults
Your ability to provide effective first aid to:
- An unconscious, non-breathing adult and child (CPR, AED)
- A regurgitating or vomiting unconscious adult and child (recovery position)
- An unconscious, non-breathing infant (CPR)
- An unconscious, breathing infant (open airway)
You will also be assessed on your ability to:
- Identify when to provide CPR
- Follow DRSABCD protocol
- Complete an incident report
- Handover to emergency services
Eight New First Aid Units of Competency Released
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation – sometimes referred to as CPR (supersedes HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support – sometimes referred to as BELS (supersedes HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support)
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid – sometimes referred to as First Aid (supersedes HLTAID003 Provide first aid)
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting – sometimes called Childcare first aid (supersedes HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting)
- HLTAID013 Provide First Aid in a remote or isolated site (supersedes HLTAID005 Remote first aid)
- HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid (supersedes HLTAID006)
- HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy (supersedes HLTAID007)
- HLTAID016* Manage first aid services and resources (supersedes HLTAID008)
*Please note First Aid Pro Adelaide does not currently offer this unit
First Aid Pro Adelaide First Aid Training – General Information
Registered Training Organisation
First Aid Pro Adelaide offers training of the highest quality. We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO: #40407) known locally for providing Adelaide’s most complete, ground-breaking, advanced and highly regarded First Aid training. If you are looking for training that is unparalleled in terms of service and support and incorporates all the latest knowledge and skills needed to provide first aid management in line with industry guidelines and expectations, look no further than First Aid Pro Adelaide.
First Aid Industry Guidelines
Our nationally recognised and certified training considers all relevant Australian and New Zealand industry procedures, protocols and recommendations including but not limited to ANZCOR Guideline Section 9.2 – Medical, ANZCOR Guideline 2 – Managing an Emergency, ANZCOR Guideline 6 – Compressions ANZCOR Guideline 3 – Recognition and First Aid Management of the Unconscious Person, National Asthma Council Australia Action Plan, ANZCOR Guideline 4 – Airway, ANZCOR Guideline 7 – Automated External Defibrillation (AED) in Basic Life Support (BELS), ASICA Action Plan for Anaphylaxis, ANZCOR Guideline 5 – Breathing, ANZCOR Guideline 8 – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Epilepsy Foundation Epilepsy Management Plan, ANZCOR Guideline Section 9.1 – Trauma, ANZCOR Guideline Section 9.3 – Environment, ANZCOR Guideline Section 9.4 – Envenomation, ANZCOR Guideline Section 9.5 – Poisoning, Education and Care Services National Law, Heart Foundation Diabetes Action Plan, Safe Work Australia Code of Practice: First Aid in the Workplace.
Group and Workplace Training
Our dedicated group, workplace and corporate training team are fully mobile and able to come to you, your team or business wherever you are, anywhere in Adelaide. We can provide first aid training in Moana, Seaford, Port Noarlunga, Noarlunga Centre, Morphett Vale, Happy Valley, Hallett Cove, Aberfoyle Park, Blackwood, Bedford Park, Oaklands Park, Glenelg, Edwardstown, Henley Beach, Prospect, West Lakes, Port Adelaide, Wingfield, Gepps Cross, Kilburn, Mawson Lakes, Ingle Farm, Modbury, Tea Tree Gully, North Haven, Osborne, Golden Grove, Salisbury, Paralowie, Elizabeth, Smithfield, Munno Para, Gawler, the Barossa, the Mid North, the South East, the Murraylands, Adelaide Hills, Riverland, Fleurieu Peninsula, Yorke Peninsula, Eyre Peninsula and Far North.
First Aid Training Resources and Equipment
Any material, resource or piece of equipment you need to complete a First Aid course is provided to you by First Aid Pro Adelaide including adult and infant resuscitation manikins, AED training devices, personal protective equipment (PPE), adrenaline auto-injector training devices, workplace first aid kits, placebo bronchodilators and spacer devices, wound dressing and bandages, blankets, workplace or site first aid incident report forms, haemostatic dressings, haemostatic wound packing trainers, thermometers, tourniquet trainers, immobilisation and extraction devices, basic airway adjuncts, bag valve masks, oxygen resuscitation systems, oxygen cylinders, oxygen regulators, pulse oximeters, oxygen masks and tubes, suction devices and more.
First Aid Training Videos
Topics covered in our First Aid course video content include: abdominal wound, AED set up, amputations, asthma, angina, bandages and slings, burns, closed fracture, diabetes, dislocation, drowning, drug overdose, emergency action plan , external bleeding , eye injury, first aid kits, fractured ribs, head wound, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, hypothermia, infection prevention, jellyfish stings, manual handling, nose bleed, open fracture, partial choke, safety, snake bite, spider bite, spinal injury and stroke.
First Aid Training Now
If it needs to be learnt, First Aid Pro Adelaide can teach it.
First Aid courses can be booked online or by contacting our friendly customer service team on 08 8382 4677 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our operating hours are 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
First Aid Pro Adelaide runs First Aid courses 7 days a week. To find an upcoming session near you visit our course calendar or call or email us today.