Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry (White Card Course)
CPCWHS1001 (Supersedes CPCCWHS1001)
No Online Assessment
Issued Same Day (Conditions Apply)
$99 (may vary)
Is the course nationally accredited?
Previously Known as
Group Booking Discounts Available
Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry (White Card)
CPCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
CPCWHS1001 Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry is a nationally recognised certification and is better known in the workplace and industry as the White Card.
Participants in the White Card Course will be those seeking the mandatory work health and safety training required prior to undertaking construction work. The unit requires the person to demonstrate personal awareness and knowledge of health and safety legislative requirements in order to work safely and prevent injury or harm to self and others.
This unit meets the general construction induction training requirements of:
- Part 1.1 Definitions and Part 6.5 of the Model Work Health and Safety Regulations
- Division 11 of Part 3 of the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996 for Western Australia
- Division 3 of Part 5.1 of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2007 for Victoria.
It is expected that site-specific induction training will be conducted prior to conducting construction work
First Aid Pro is Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) authorised to deliver CPCWHS1001 Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry course.
At First Aid Pro your health and safety are our priority. Infection control measures and COVID-19 practices are applied across all our training facilities. Please remember if you are unwell or experiencing any symptoms, we ask that you contact us to reschedule your training. For further information please email email@example.com.
How is the White Card Course Delivered?
White Card Training and Assessment are delivered Face to Face (6 hours).
Prior to attending the face-to-face White Card Training Adelaide session, you are required to complete the pre-course reading, which is a self-paced, self-directed, component of the course. The actual number of study hours required for each learner varies depending on the learners existing knowledge, skills, and experience. You will be required to complete an and LLN check on the arrival of the training day.
How is White Card Training Adelaide Structured?
All learners will be assessed through a combination of the following assessment methods:
- Practical Demonstrations: Correctly fitting personal PPE/ Oral communication
- Project (Complete Risk Assessment)
- Knowledge Assessment
White Card Course Requirements
- Applicants must be 16 years old or over
- Present Photo ID on the day
- Permit a photo on the day of head, neck, and shoulders
- Use numeracy skills to locate and recognise numbers commonly used in safety signs
- Communicate effectively by asking questions to clarify instructions and telling another person about a construction problem or hazard
- Read and follow simple pictorial safety instructions and simple safety instructions written in English
- Notify office if any additional Learning, Literacy or Numeracy support is required.
White Card Training Adelaide Fees
White Card Course Covers
This course covers identifying and orally reporting common construction hazards, understanding basic risk control measures, and identifying procedures for responding to potential incidents and emergencies. It also covers correctly selecting and fitting common personal protective equipment (PPE) used for construction work.
White Card Certificates
On successful completion of this course students will be issued with the following:
- A statement of attainment for CPCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry or referred to as (White Card).
- White card issued from Firstaidpro (RTO:40407)
First Aid Certificate - Nationally Accredited
Get your fully accredited first aid certificate on the same day.
After successfully completing your training with FirstAidPro you will receive a fully Accredited Recognised Statement of Attainment for your first aid course.