HLTAID015 – Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
HLTAID015 – Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
Knowledge Assessment: In class
Practical Assessment: In class
5 hrs Face to Face plus Pre-reading and Quiz
Issued Same Day (Conditions Apply)
$120 (may vary)
Is the course nationally accredited?
Alternate / Former Course Names
HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
Regular DAILY DEALS
Price match on comparable courses
HLTAID015- Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
Newest Provide Advanced Resuscitation Course
Replaces superseded: HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
Pre-requisite: HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
First Aid Pro Adelaide’s latest HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation Face-to-Face course is the most hands-on and interactive CPR and Oxygen therapy course around.
All components of this course are completed in-class with a qualified trainer so students can benefit from their learned and real-world experience in a supportive and immersive environment, not having to rely on email or video conferencing to speak with someone.
We are a registered training organisation (RTO: 40407) fully accredited and certified to deliver HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy.
This is a dedicated course targeted at those medical or health professionals who provide oxygen therapy in complex emergency situations as part of their role.
***As it is a specialist subject, students who enrol in this course must have already completed HLTAID011 Provide First Aid***
Key subjects covered include, CPR, AED use, assessing vital signs (respiration, pulse, oxygen saturation), basic airway adjunct, five rights, safe administration of oxygen, legal requirements, correct use, cleaning, sterilisation and storage of oxygen equipment).
HLTAID007 is now HLTAID015
New Industry Standard
HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy is the new industry standard for first aid training. It’s made up of these refreshed units of competency:
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (Old Course Code: HLTAID001)
HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy (Old Course Code: HLTAID007)
Faster – Advanced Resuscitation Certificate
First Aid Pro Adelaide Face-to-Face course offers the most trainer interaction of any advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy course on the market.
HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy are completed in a single in-class session. There is no need for learners to do any out-of-class or online assessments leaving them free to attempt all knowledge and practical assessment tasks in an environment where they can speak with a qualified and highly experienced first aid trainer instantly.
Just a 5 hours in-class session
All practical assessment for this course is completed in a single-day 5 hour session starting at 9:00am and finishing at 2:30 pm and includes:
- A detailed and comprehensive trainer-led demonstration on how to use first aid equipment and perform all required first aid techniques and skills (see performance evidence below)
- Trainer led practice and question time on all required knowledge and performance evidence, including the use of first aid equipment
- Practical assessment of performance evidence in the form of role plays, observations, written and verbal incident/review reports and class debriefs
*To attend the practical session, you must first complete the knowledge requirements online. The number of study hours needed to complete the knowledge tasks varies depending on your existing knowledge, skills, and experience.
Advanced Resuscitation Training – Certificate Issue – Same Day
Successful completion of all the knowledge and performance evidence and criteria of First Aid Pro Adelaide HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy course to a satisfactory level will result in the awarding of the following nationally recognised units of competency:
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- HLTAID015 – Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation be updated every 12 months to remain valid.
- $120 (may vary due to Daily Deals)
- Price match guarantee on any similar course
All Students must have attained the following Nationally Recognised Unit of Competency before enrolment:
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid- you must provide evidence prior to or on the day of training that you have completed this unit of competency, failure to do this will result in you not being able to attend the class, and you will need to reschedule at a charge.
Is there an Advanced Resuscitation near me?
Course times and locations
First Aid Pro Adelaide Learning Online HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy courses run frequently, every week from a number of local sites including:
- Adelaide CBD – 3/50 King William St, Adelaide SA 5000
- Marion – Marion Hotel Function Room, 849 Marion Road, Mitchell Park 5043
- Morphett Vale – 12/230 Main South Road Morphett Vale 5162
- Campbelltown – ARC Campbelltown, 531 Lower North East Road, Campbelltown, SA 5074
- Mount Barker – Mount Barker Town Hall, Cnr Gawler & Stephen St Mount Barker
- Mount Gambier – Mount Gambier RSL, 16 Sturt St, Mount Gambier South Australia, 5290
- Salisbury – U6/89 John Street, Salisbury, SA 5108
- Mawson Lakes – Mawson Lakes Hotel 10 Main Street Mawson Lakes, SA 5095
- Port Adelaide – 9 Queen St, Alberton SA 5014
- Murray Bridge – 212 Adelaide Road, Murray Bridge SA 5253
- Tonsley MAB – 1284 South Rd, Clovelly Park, Adelaide SA 5042
- 9:00am – 2:30pm
At First Aid Pro Adelaide your health and safety is our priority. Infection control measures and Covid-19 practices are applied across all our training facilities including but not limited to:
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Social distancing, where possible
- Cleaning and sterilisation of equipment and materials
- Learner sign-in sheets
To help us keep you and your fellow learners safe, please do not attend a session if you are unwell, experiencing any symptoms or should be quarantining or self-isolating.
Where courses need to be rescheduled, First Aid Pro will notify learners at the earliest convenience.
In line with industry and organisational obligations, FirstAidPro can only accept and issue nationally accredited units of competency to learners who are:
- At least 14 years of age (those who are under 18 must present a signed Parent or Guardian Consent Form)
Learners should also physically be capable of completing the performance requirements of this unit. At a minimum, learners will need to be able to:
- Perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult manikin placed on the floor
- Perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface
- Operate an automated external defibrillator (AED) to deliver at least one shock
A USI (unique student identifier) the number is now a mandatory requirement for any student wishing to undertake vocational training. A USI number is unique to you and provided by the government to keep a secure online record of your VET certifications. You can look up your number or register for a USI number quickly and easily by clicking on the following link: https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-usi.
Content and Outcomes
HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy is a mix of knowledge (theory) and practical (skills).
If you complete the Face-to-Face course, you will be assessed on the knowledge requirements in-class.
If you complete the Learning Online course, you will be assessed on the knowledge requirements online.
Practical assessment is completed in-class for both courses as you must be observed performing your first aid skills by a registered trainer.
Advanced Resuscitation Techniques
Throughout this course you will be assessed on:
Your understanding of:
(Knowledge / theory)
- Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines
- Safe Work Australia Code of Practice
- Incident hazard and risk minimisation processes
- Infection control procedures
- Safe work practices for oxygen equipment and cylinders
- Workplace or site first aid procedures
- First aid kit contents
- Education and Care Services National Law
- State Education and Care Services Regulations
- First aider Duty of Care requirements
- First aider requirements for currency of skill and knowledge
- First aider skill and knowledge limitations
- First aid parent / guardian consent
- First aid privacy and confidentiality requirements
- Stress management techniques and available support for rescuers and children
- The effect of positional change during CPR
- The appropriate duration, hand placement, compression / ventilation cycles and cessation of CPR
- AED use on children
- AED safety and maintenance procedures
- Chain of survival
- Accessing and handing over to emergency services
- Assessing the level of consciousness for infants and children
- Basic anatomical differences and first aid considerations between infants, children and adults
- Using suction devices
- Benefits, contraindications and complications of a basic airway adjunct
- Assessing and interpreting vital signs
- Normal clinical values (respirations, pulse, oxygen saturation)
- Identification of signs and symptoms and first aid management for life-threatening-bleeding
- When oxygen is beneficial
- When oxygen should not be used
- Benefits, contraindications and complications of providing oxygen
- Benefits, contraindications and complications of suctions
- Selecting and using various oxygen mask types and other oxygen therapy devices
- Cleaning, maintaining, troubleshooting and storing various resuscitation and oxygen equipment
- Safe use, storage and disposal of consumables
- First aider and rescuer mental well-being and support
Your ability to provide effective first aid to:
- An unconscious, non-breathing adult (CPR, AED, 2 rescuer CPR, oxygen ventilation)
- A regurgitating or vomiting unconscious adult (recovery position)
- An unconscious, non-breathing child (CPR)
- A casualty with life-threatening bleeding (tourniquet, haemostatic dressing)
- A casualty that requires supplemental oxygen (Assess vitals, provide oxygen)
You will also be assessed on your ability to:
- Identify when to provide first aid
- Follow DRSABCD protocol
- Complete incident reports
- Handover to emergency services
- Select, clean, fix and store resuscitation and oxygen equipment
Advanced Resuscitation of the Newborn Infant
During this course, you will learn how to perform CPR using the DRSABCD protocol on infants, children and adults.
First aid training is a great idea for new mothers and nurses alike. Why not learn how to deal with an emergency situation, so that you can take care of your loved ones when they need you?
Why do I need Advanced Resuscitation and Oxygen Therapy?
Supplementary oxygen is crucial in assisting casualties experiencing breathing difficulties. shortness of breath or hypoxemia. Only those who are qualified, however, are permitted to provide oxygen.
New First Aid Codes
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation – sometimes referred to as CPR (supersedes HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support – sometimes referred to as BELS (supersedes HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support)
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid – sometimes referred to as First Aid (supersedes HLTAID003 Provide first aid)
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting – sometimes called Childcare first aid (supersedes HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting)
- HLTAID013 Provide First Aid in a remote or isolated site (supersedes HLTAID005 Remote first aid)
- HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid (supersedes HLTAID006)
- HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy (supersedes HLTAID007)
- HLTAID016* Manage first aid services and resources (supersedes HLTAID008)
*Please note First Aid Pro Adelaide does not currently offer this unit