New First Aid Codes - Updates 2021
First Aid Pro Adelaide has completed an update of the First Aid units to ensure training delivery is in line with your needs and expectations.
The national regulating body that governs Vocational and Educational Training (VET) in Australia is making some updates to First Aid courses this 2021. These changes are being made to ensure that all RTOs are up-to-date with the latest information, practices, and industry requirements.
The HLTAID First Aid Competency Standards were developed to provide a set of robust and industry-supported standards in providing First Aid. The Australia Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) endorsed the release of new versions of eight (8) units of competency last 2020. These units of competency are within the HLT Health Training Package and, this 2021 – we are officially rolling them out.
First Aid Pro Adelaide has commenced the delivery of the newly updated units. See below for a list of changes and how the First Aid course code updates will affect you.
New First Aid Codes
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support – BELS
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
HLTAID006 Provide Advanced first aid
HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
Note: These changes have been made to reflect industry best practices, expectations, and current regulations. More info on these updates are now available on the National Register website www.training.gov.au
Provide basic emergency life support (HLTAID010) and Provide first aid (HLTAID011) certification will remain recognised and valid for 3 years from the date of your course. The 3-year validity also applies to Provide First Aid in an education and care setting (HLTAID012) or Child Care First Aid.
Under the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines, HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is up for renewal 12 months after completing the course.
Is my certification still valid if I have a certificate with the old code?
YES – If you have completed your First Aid training in 2020 and were issued a statement of attainment with the old code, do not worry. Your first aid certificate will still be valid for the next 3 years. However, the next time you enrol, your course code will be HLTAID011 Provide First Aid.
When will the new first aid codes start being offered?
First Aid Pro is now offering the new units. All our First aid trainers in Adelaide, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Darwin, Perth, and Tasmania are qualified to deliver the new units. We still offer our traditional Face to Face courses, but we are office the new First Aid Course online, including CPR Online.
Corporate or group booking is also available for the newly updated units to ensure you are completing the most current First Aid course available.
Have there been changes in content with the updated units?
The course content remains largely unchanged, particularly for the Provide First Aid and CPR units. However, our team has taken this opportunity to review and improve our learning resources. These include our Online First Aid content and resources utilized by trainers and students in face-to-face training.
Most professions require a First Aid certificate for employment as mandated by Safe Work Australia. Almost all industries will require you to complete HLTAID011 Provide First Aid. This is unless you work in the early childhood sector where you will need to complete HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting.
When enrolling in a course, we highly suggest discussing it with your employer first. Find out their requirements to ensure you are meeting all of them. If you need to complete one of the superseded units, please contact our team to discuss your training options.
First Aid Course Online – with New Codes
Yes, First Aid Pro now offer CPR course online, First Aid Course online and Childcare First Aid Online and still the same offering of receiving your First Aid Certificate on the same day after successfully completing the course.
Can I find a cheap first aid course near me?
The new first aid codes will not bring immediate changes in costs, with First Aid Pro you will find we offer every day low prices, and if you find a price cheaper we will price match for you. However, please note that prices are regularly reviewed and subject to change over time. This will not be connected to the transition to the new course codes.
Still have questions?
If you have any queries or concerns on any of these changes, please contact 08 8382 4677 or email@example.com
We will be happy to discuss these changes with you. You can also check our range of or training locations in Adelaide.
Find a First Aid Course Near me
- Adelaide CBD – Level 2, 50 King William Street, Adelaide, SA 5000
- Salisbury – 6/89 John Street, Salisbury, SA 5108
- Mawson Lakes – Mawson Lakes Hotel, 10 Main Street, Mawson Lakes, SA 5095
- Morphett Vale – 12/230 Main South Road, Morphett Vale SA 5162
- Glenelg – Haven Marina, 6-10 Adelphi Terrace Glenelg North SA 5045
- Campbeltown – ARC Campbelltown, 531 Lower North East Road, Campbelltown, SA 5074
- Marion – Marion Hotel Function Room at 849 Marion Road, Mitchell Park SA 504
- Mount Barker – Mount Barker Town Hall (corner of Stephen Street and Gawler Street) Mount Barker SA 5251
- Modbury – Sferas Park Suites & Convention Centre, 191 Reservoir Rd, Modbury SA 5091
- Munno Parra – The Stretton Centre, 307 Peachey Road, Munno Para, SA 5115
- Port Adelaide – Krystal Function Centre 7 Church St, Port Adelaide SA 5015
- South Plympthon – Edwardstown Bowling Club, East Terrace, South Plympton SA 5038
- Willunga – Willunga Hub, Corner Main Road & St Peters Terrace, Willunga SA 5172
- Torrensville – Thebarton Community Centre, Corner South Rd and Ashwin Parade, Torrensville SA 5031
- Murray Bridge – 212 Adelaide Road Murray Bridge SA 5253
- Tonsley – Tonsley Hotel, Clovelly Park 1274 South Rd, Clovelly Park SA 5042